Adults may book a computer at any dlr Library, by telephone or on this website. All you need is your Borrower number and your PIN. Remember to bring your library ticket with you to use the computer.
Please note you cannot book a specific computer/PC on this website - contact your local library to do so.
Always check the date and time of the reservation offered before accepting. The system will book the next available session if the one you request is not available.
If you haven't booked a computer and there is one free, you are welcome to use it, but to be sure of getting a PC, you should always book ahead.
Public PCs with access to the Internet are available in all our branches. Laptops are also available for public use in Deansgrange, Dundrum and Stillorgan Libraries.
PCs and laptops may be booked in person, by phone, by email or online.
Wi-fi is also available to library members at all public libraries. Borrowers are welcome to use their own laptops, tablets etc. in our branches.
Children under the age of 15 are welcome to use the Internet if a parent/guardian supervises their session. There are dedicated PCs in Blackrock, Deansgrange and dlr LexIcon which can be used by children alone.
Public Access Internet Computers and Laptops Conditions of Use
· You can use your library card to access the Internet at any dlr Library. dlr Libraries offer PCs, as well as laptops, for use in the Library. Access is free.
· Please remember to bring your library card and pin number.
· If you do not have a library card, you can get a Visitors card. Just bring photo ID or 2 forms of other ID (eg: current bank cards, statements, bills, social welfare cards, etc). Visitors can use PCs only.
· Every session lasts 50 minutes. Your session time is shown on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. At the end of the session, any created or downloaded documents are deleted from the PCs and laptops, for data protection. Please remember to save information before the session ends, e.g. to USB, web-based email etc. Please remember to remove your storage device at the end of a session as responsibility for your storage device rests with you.
· You can book a session by phone, online, or at the library desk. Only 1 session can be booked in advance. It may be possible to extend the session. Ask at the desk in plenty of time before the session ends.
· If you are late, the session may be offered to another person.
· The Internet provides many sources of information, some of which could be inaccurate, dated, or offensive. dlr Libraries cannot accept responsibility for the content of websites except for its own.
· Users are required to accept the conditions of use. In doing so, you agree that you will not deliberately view inappropriate sites, send or receive any material that could be seen as offensive to others, or send any messages to annoy or harass another person. The Internet may not be used for any illegal activity.
· Children under the age of 15 are welcome to use the Internet if a parent /guardian supervises their session. There are dedicated children's PCs in some libraries which can be used by children alone – please check with your branch. Parents are responsible for their child’s use of the Internet, and for guiding them as to which resources are appropriate. Children who use the Internet unsupervised may come across inappropriate or disturbing information and images.
· Filtering software is in place but dlr Libraries cannot guarantee that it will block all inappropriate material. Nor can the Library guarantee that the filtering software will not restrict access to sites that may have legitimate research or other value.
· Users are requested not to delete any system files, change the system configuration, or in any way damage any computer software or hardware.
· Internet printing is available. Charges apply, as displayed in the Library.
· Internet usage is monitored. Misuse of the Internet may lead to your membership being cancelled. We ask all library users to respect our terms and conditions for the continued benefit of access to all, to a great, free resource.
Public Access Internet Computers
You are welcome to use the Internet in DLR Libraries. Access is free.
Users are required to be members of the library. Visitors to the county may register for a Reference card on presentation of official photo ID or current bank cards/statements, pay slips, utility bills, social welfare cards etc.
Sessions generally last for 50 minutes.
Sessions may be booked by phone or at the library desk. Only one session may be booked in advance. Failure to take up a booking within 10 minutes of the starting time will result in the session being offered to another user.
Users are requested to have their library card and pin number to register on PC before each session.
The Internet provides many sources of information, some of which may be inaccurate, incomplete, dated, or offensive. DLR Libraries cannot accept any responsibility for the content of websites other than its own.
Users are required to accept the conditions of use. In doing so, you agree that you will not deliberately view inappropriate sites, send or receive any material that is offensive, racist or defamatory, or which is intended to annoy, harass, intimidate or ridicule another person. The Internet may not be used for any illegal activity.
Children under the age of 12 are welcome to use the Internet, provided a parent or guardian accompanies them. Young people aged between 12 and 17 inclusive may use the Internet unaccompanied, provided a parent or guardian has authorised such use in writing. Parents, please note that responsibility for use of the Internet by your child rests solely with you. Children who use the Internet unsupervised may be exposed to inappropriate or disturbing information and images.
Users are requested not to make any changes to the configuration of software on the computer, or delete any files from the computer, or damage in any way the computer software or hardware.
Printing of Internet material is available. Charges, as displayed in the library, will apply.
Internet usage is monitored. Misuse or abuse of the Internet service will result in the withdrawal of library membership. We ask our library users to respect the above terms and conditions. Access to the Internet is at the discretion of library staff.