Theme: “How I like to play…”
This summer we want it to be all about play, in the real world and in your imagination. We want to know where and how you like to play, and what you remember as being your best play experiences. Perhaps even imagine a play experience you haven’t yet had!
You can tell us all about this theme in a number of ways; write a story or a poem, draw, paint, or create in 3D format and submit to dlr Libraries & Parks creative competition to be in with a chance to win some great prizes.
Feel free to let your imagination go everywhere and anywhere. Your ideas may well be used to contribute to the dlr Play Policy 2021 which is currently being devised by dlr Parks department.
dlr Parks are kindly sponsoring prizes for this competition.
Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
● Category 1 (5 yrs and under)
1st Prize: One4All voucher €60
2nd Prize: Art & Hobby Shop voucher €40
● Category 2 (6-8 yrs)
1st Prize: One4All voucher €120
2nd Prize: Art & Hobby Shop voucher €60
● Category 3 (9-12 yrs)
1st Prize: One4All voucher €150
2nd Prize: Art & Hobby Shop voucher €80
● Category 4 (13-16yrs)
1st prize One 4All voucher €150
2nd prize Art and Hobby shop voucher €80
Look out for our separate annual dlr Libraries Lego Competition on the same theme, details coming soon!
How to Enter:
● All mediums, written, visual and 3D are acceptable.
● Submit in written format such as a poem, story or any piece of writing, Irish and English language are both welcome.
● Submit in visual format such as a drawing, painting, digital art or 3D creation.
● Please note that all entries can be accepted via email only. For artworks and 3D creations, high-res images will be accepted. Email: email@example.com
● The size of the art work, whether 2D or 3D must be maximum size of A3.
● Please attach an application form (see 'Related Documents') with all submissions. Include an application form for each individual submission i.e. if submitting a poem and a painting, please enclose two application forms.
● If you wish, you can include a description of your entry in no more than 50 words.
● Competition closes: Wed 1st Sept at 5pm
**Please read Terms and Conditions before submitting signed application form to show you have accepted them.